Pre Order Now.
Order Dispatch Date - 26/08/2021 onwards
Paid Orders only. Cash on Delivery not applicable.
I am amazed at the industry which has gone into the preparation of this excellent and exhaustive exposition on the evolution of fundamental rights in Sri Lanka. I must state that I am overwhelmed by the erudition and the scholarship which has gone into the writing of this masterly treatise. To be frank, I have learnt a considerable amount of comparative constitutional law, as the book has heavily drawn on various Conventions and decisions of the courts from many other jurisdictions. I personally feel that this book would be of considerable help to lawyers, not merely in Sri Lanka but in India as well.
The courts in our respective countries are involved in the great task of upholding the 'sacred rights' enshrined in our Constitutions. A great contribution has been made to the understanding and development of these rights by Dr Jayampathy Wickramaratne.
K.K. Venugopal, Senior Advocate, Attorney-General of India
CONTENTS OF THE BOOK
2. THE REPUBLICAN CONSTITUTIONS
3. FREEDOM OF THOUGHT, CONSCIENCE AND RELIGION
4. RIGHT TO LIFE AND ITS ATTRIBUTES
5. RIGHT TO EQUALITY
6. RIGHTS RELATING TO PERSONAL LIBERTY AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
7. THE CHARTER OF LIBERTY
8. RIGHT TO CONSTITUTIONAL REMEDIES
Fundamental Rights in Sri Lanka - Third Edition
- Publisher: Stamford Lake Publishers - ස්ටැන්ෆර්ඩ් ලේක් ප්රකාශකයෝ
- - Miscellaneous - විවිධ
- - Politics and Current Affairs - දේශපාලන සහ කාලීන
- - Law - නීතිය
- - Jayampathy Wickramaratne - ජයම්පතී වික්රමරත්න
- ISBN: 9789551131061
- Availability: In Stock